Because who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies and holiday-themed dessert…and toppings like Snickers bars and Reese’s Pieces, creamy orange frosting and chocolate syrup…and being able to whip all of this up in under 15 minutes? It just seemed like the spirited thing to do.
- 1 package Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 can Duncan Hines creamy vanilla frosting
- red food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- candies of choice – mine were miniature Snickers bars and Reese’s Pieces
- HERSHEY’S classic chocolate syrup
1. Pre-heat oven to temperature recommended on the back of the cookie dough package – in this case to 350 degrees.
2. Cover a flat cookie sheet (preferably one with no edges) with parchment paper. Form cookie dough into ball and place on parchment paper. Roll out with hands or rolling pin into the shape of a circle, and make it fairly thin.
3. Place in pre-heated oven and bake for about 11 minutes or until golden brown.
4. While you let the cookie cool, add a few drops of red and yellow food coloring (I used about 7 drops of yellow and 5 drops of red) to your can of vanilla icing to create an orange hue. You can add more or less of one or both colors until you reach your desired shade. Spread orange frosting over cooked and cooled cookie using a spoon. Top with chopped candy pieces and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Slice like pizza and serve.