I had an Amazon gift card that had been sitting here for months, and not because there was nothing to get, the website has too much to offer, and I simply couldn’t decide. Then, it dawned on me that my new Pinterest-obsession with all things spiralized-veggie-dishes had pointed me in the right direction. I added this one to my cart and within days I was trying out one recipe after the next. I had earmarked this stir fry zucchini noodle recipe from the site, Diethood, and adapted it to fit my family. And we loved it. We don’t care much for onions, and I could probably have eaten their serving size of four all on my own, so we doubled the zucchini and sauces and halved the onions. I also decided not to spiralize the onions as called for in this recipe, but diced them up super fine for flavor.
My youngest daughter slurped these noodles up faster than anyone else in our house and she went back for seconds. 🙂
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped or diced
- 8 small zucchini, spiralized and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Pepper as desired
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until translucent and tender.
- Stir in zucchini and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds. Mix and continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.