I still cannot believe that Thanksgiving is around the corner. And with Christmas decorations already starting to be arranged on neighborhood roofs and lawns, and candy canes stocked at local supermarkets and drugstores, it goes as quickly as it comes. It is, hands-down, one of my favorite days of the year, so I like to make sure I savor it in its entirety. Beginning with cooking preparations in the morning and ending with a second (or third) helping of dessert well into the evening. This year, we are traveling for the holiday to be with my husband’s family and I am so looking forward to a relaxing day of watching football and spending time with loved ones.
This outfit is definitely one that I would wear this year to Thanksgiving dinner at my family’s home. It is comfortable and cozy and perfectly put together.
1. A chunky knit sweater never goes out of style and the popcorn texture makes it unique.
2. Link bracelets are great for stacking.
3. A cozy, blanket scarf in perfect plaid that doubles as a wrap for cold days.
4. Distressed, skinny jeans make an outfit relaxed, but chic.
5. The large, round statement watch is so classic and timeless; it will be worn now and become an heirloom later on.
6. This cuff adds just the right amount of sparkle.
7. Rich, chocolate brown boots are a staple for the fall (and this pair is currently on sale)!
And this whole inspiration is really centered on and focused around the watch. Designer watches are rarely inexpensive; some of them never affordable enough, so lately I’ve been perusing an auction site called Invaluable. One of my husband’s favorite pieces is a classic, fine watch and this is a great site to help him build his collection. And I love the look of a men’s watch on woman as well. I like styling them with a lot of my own wardrobe. They go perfectly with chunky knit sweaters, like the one pictured above and a pair of rich, brown boots that I have been wearing all fall. This site allows you to bid on the watch of your dreams with pretty much any luxury designer brand available. Personally, I gravitate towards a cognac or chocolate brown band because I feel it goes so well with so much of my closet. And the oversized, round face is absolutely timeless, making the large Cartier 14K N°1277826 the perfect pick for me. I could see myself sporting this in every season and for every occasion. Dressing it up and keeping it simple, like this Thanksgiving Day outfit inspiration that I am going after this year.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!