There is a toddler in this household who had a particularly rough day. Which means that I had an even worse one. So, I figured that a treat would cheer us all up at the end of the night; especially when it’s sweet and healthy and pink! This four ingredient strawberry frozen yogurt takes about 5 minutes to make and requires no ice cream maker. I also made this recipe with a blend of frozen mixed berries, rich in antioxidants and it was just as delicious. But since my daughter is on a pink kick lately, I thought just strawberries (on top of a pink colored cone, of course) would do the trick this time.
*Inspired by a recipe I came across on the food blog, Just a Taste, last summer*
- 2 cups frozen whole strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey (or 2 1/2 tablespoons if you prefer this a little more sweet)
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Add the frozen strawberries, honey, yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor and process for about 5 minutes, or until creamy.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- These ingredients and measurements served 4 of us.