My oldest daughter definitely got her sweet tooth from her mama. Emma asks for a small treat after most meals and since I’m always craving the same, I am constantly looking for healthy, fun bites we can both enjoy. These frozen dark chocolate covered banana bites hit the spot and were super easy to make. We stashed a bunch in the freezer so we will have something sweet to munch on all weekend long.
- 2 1/2 bananas (or however many you want to use/make)
- 1 bag (12 ounces) Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Slice bananas into quarter-sized circles and lay out on a wax-paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer and leave there until frozen solid.
- Mix the dark chocolate melting wafers and 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a double broiler over the stove. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes, until smooth.
- Using a fork, dip each frozen banana slice into the melted chocolate mixture and coat evenly. Place back onto the wax-paper-lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining frozen banana slices.
- Once complete, place the baking sheet back into the freezer to harden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Happy, healthy snacking!