The Nordstrom Anniversary sales are always all the buzz. Sometimes it can almost be overkill, seeing so many of the same items posted over again, having your feeds flooded with reminders of the notorious sale, but there is a good reason for the highly anticipated events because you can score some killer deals at hugely discounted prices. This sale in particular, allows you to purchase brand-new items for next season at a fraction of the cost. The sale opens to the general public on July 20th and runs through August 5th.
Some of my favorite things to shop for during this sale are staples, like moto jackets by BLANKNYC, all the jeans from Levi’s and coveted ankle boots for cooler temps. I like to stock up on the pieces that I will be so looking forward to wearing come Fall, after a season full of the same cut-off shorts and one-piece bathing suits.
Here are just a few quick things that caught my eye when I browsed the catalog.
1. A statement trench in either an unexpected color or a more classic hue never goes out of style.
2. I also love this printed coat for fall without the bulk and for winter over lots of layers.
3. I am a huge lover of stripes, so this one would fit nicely in my sweater collection.
4. Don’t forget the men in your life. My hubby is a big fan of casual shoes, so I usually like to scoop up a few pairs for him.
6. I am constantly running after three little girls, so sneakers are my jam most days. And I am loving the black and white Adidas shoes.
7. Since athletic gear is a go-to (see #6 above), I can never get enough leggings.8. The easiest way to elevate an outfit in the fall is with a great pair of ankle boots. They go with anything from denim to floral maxi skirts.
Those are just a few things I have earmarked, but overall, closet staples are the way to go with anniversary sales like this one.